EDI has been conducting entrepreneurship development programme, small business management, capacity-building and skill-development programmes for various target groups like unemployed youth, women, science and technology diploma/ graduates, persons who have taken voluntary retirement, managers and entrepreneurs in SME sector, members of self-help groups or SHG, minorities, including rural and urban poor.
Enterprise Development Institute also organizes
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme for unemployed youth, PMEGP beneficiaries, Science & Techology Persons, SC ST, retiring defence personnel and others
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp ( at Engineering & Science College, Management & Technical Institute, Polytechnic , Industrial Training Institutes)
- Skill Development Programme : Fashion Garments, Block Printing, Silk Screen Printing, Batik Printing, Fabric Painting, Decorative Candle making, Food Processing, Jute diversified products ,Tour Operation, Computer Hardware Maintenance & Networking, Computerised Accounting and E-Filling etc.
- Faculty Development Programme
- Trainers’ Training Programme
- Management Development Programme (Marketing, HR, Finance etc)
Various government departments and other organizations have been providing grants for conducting short-term courses. Some of the sponsor organizations from Govt of India are Ministry of Defence, Ministry of MSME, Deptt. of Science & Technology, Khadi & Village Industries Corporation, National Handloom Development Corporation, Deptt of MSME, Govt of India. A number of State Govt. organizations are also sponsoring for conducting training programmes like Department of Micro and Small-Scale Enterprises, Department. of Science and Technology, Department of Labour, West Bengal Minorities and Finance Corporation, West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation, Society for Self-employment for Unemployed Youth and some other organizations.
- (033) 2335-7258 , 2335-7681
- Plot-194 Block-IB, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700106,
(Adjacent to Columbia Asia Hospital)